The Financial Analyst provides daily support to the accounting and finance departments, in addition to performing routine assignments and solving standard problems with limited discretion. For this Financial Analyst role, the ideal candidate must have the ability to be flexible, as well as adept at working with an extensive amount of data while meeting expectations. This Financial Analyst position is a great fit for candidates who are results-oriented, focused, and passionate about analysis. This long-term contract / temporary employment opportunity is based in the local area.
Administrative tasks such as daily invoice distribution, processing customer past due notices, pulling backup detail for transactions, tagging assets, vehicle insurance additions/deletions and license plate applications, attending supplier bid openings, and preparing supplier letters.
Transactional tasks such as applying for customer payments, creating invoices, processing tuition reimbursements and employee expense reports, paying vendor invoices, processing monthly chargeback journal entries, processing PO change orders, and setting up/transferring budgets in the financial system.
Functional/Analytical tasks such as p-card transaction reconciliation or verification, monthly closing process support, monitoring airfare vouchers, running and verifying system allocation routines, monitoring/updating encumbrances to ensure accurate reporting and preparing to grant agency financial reports.
- Less than one year of experience
- Process Vendor Invoices experience highly desired
- Foundational knowledge in P-Card
- Proven knowledge of Process Expense Reports
- Deep understanding of Process Purchase Requisitions
- Microsoft Excel experience desired
- Well-founded grasp of Expense Reconciliation
- General familiarity with journal entries
- PeopleSoft experience
- Able to work independently with a minimal amount of oversight
- Candidate must have substantial computer experience including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, as well as databases and customer database systems
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
Do you possess the right skills for this role and are available to start right away? If so, we want to hear from you. Contact us today!